Destruction and Ready Bypass powers

Rules question? Want to propose a new rule or a change to an existing one?

Destruction and Ready Bypass powers

Postby Shawna » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:56 am

So I was making a ranger for one of the new people interested in coming next game and I realized something.

They can get a ready power that does a max of 11 bypass at a 20 count on top of the time it takes to nock an arrow.

Destruction offers ready bypass max of 4 at a 5 count to all the other aggressors. Also with the super sweet option of bypass knockback.

So for the same count destruction can toss out 20 bypass and is more likely to have some of that hit. Say each arrow/packet has a 50% chance of being dodged (moreso if you're throwing at Dan). The Ranger has a 50% chance of doing nothing while the destruction user is likely to do at least ten.

Maybe give more cheese to ranger?
Or get rid of warcraft and give them the unique ability to apply destruction to their arrows instead of packets?
Or something else...
Shawna

Re: Destruction and Ready Bypass powers

Postby Prodromus » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:26 am

The Warcraft option for a Ranger is specifically there if someone wants to play a more melee based fighter rather than an archer. I don't see it going away.
Prodromus

Re: Destruction and Ready Bypass powers

Postby KisharGM » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:39 am

Arrow Bypass vs Packet Bypass will get closer in line after Season 2. It's on the list. =)
Rangers are intended to use melee and bows, so they will not be losing Warcraft. It also has the tracking powers and other 'rangery' things in it.
KisharGM

Return to Rules (OOC)