hastily searching eyes

Feel free to RP here! Make sure you post where a topic takes place and who may participate (or OPEN if everyone's invited!)

hastily searching eyes

Postby Shawna » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:44 pm

B'hari's wings rustle softly when she walks and they stop moving moments after she does. She pauses just inside the doorway of the common room and holds her notebook in the crook of her arm as she arranges her veil.

"Has anyone seen the scribe?" She says aloud even as she scans the room with hastily searching eyes.
Shawna

Re: hastily searching eyes

Postby Gulrik » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:53 pm

Gulrik, sitting almost statue-like in the corner with a book of Dwarvern legends, looks up.

"I have not."

He turns a page, careful not to allow his claw to tear the paper, "Can I help you with something?"
Gulrik

Postby Shawna » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:54 am

She rustles her way to a seat.

"Perhaps," she begins as she settles her skirts about her. "I need the name of the vineyard we rescued. The one with the sinkhole."
Shawna

Postby Gulrik » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:05 pm

His eyes drift closed and a look of concentration passes over his face for a long moment.

"Disappointing. I can't seem to remember. Any particular reason you need it, or just for record keeping?"
Gulrik

Postby Shawna » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:36 pm

she folds her hands and smiles excitedly. "I am very curious about ancient tombs. I had no paper at the time, If I had I would have gotten rubbings of the language and sarcophagus."

She leans a bit forward and lowers her voice. "I am especially interested in new patterns for enchantment and one never knows where one may find a secret of value to someone more skilled in that art than I."
Shawna

Postby Gulrik » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:43 am

He smiles and sets the book aside, nodding. "If you're planning to return, I would love to go with you. I am working on expanding my languages as well, particularly the older ones. I can't read it as it is, but I would like to work through it."

"You say more skilled than you, as if there are many of those around. Is enchanting a common trade? We didn't have any in the monastery."
Gulrik

Postby Shawna » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:30 pm

"Common, enough among those who follow the path of magic." she pauses, "If we can find the scribe perhaps we can return. After all the relic is broken, the threat should be gone."
Shawna

Postby Gulrik » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:43 am

"I have a question, or perhaps, a favor, though you may find it odd."

He rises and looks B'hari over carefully, "I believe we established you are an evoker? I'm given to understand the source of your power resides in...suffering?"
Gulrik

Postby Shawna » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:11 pm

"Yes, those who stand in battle opposite my lord will suffer." She smiles again, this time it is not angelic.

"Why do you ask?" she inquires her voice light and curious.
Shawna

Postby Gulrik » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:20 pm

"I have trained my body to endure much in the way of physical punishment. However I am seldom crossed with the opportunity to train against magic."

He strokes his chin a moment, "I was hoping that perhaps between gatherings of the Guild, I could convince you to inflict such pure suffering upon me, that I may better myself against it." His voice remains calm and steady, almost casual, as if asking to be blasted with pure pain and suffering is a normal conversation to be having.
Gulrik

Postby Shawna » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:33 pm

B'hari's normally schooled expression breaks for just a moment, the slightest quiver of her wings and raise of her eyebrows belays her surprise. It lasts for but a moment; she recovers gracefully and replies. " I am sure Bey Tutankhseth would make arrangements with you for such a service. My talents are his to command."

"In any case might I inquire as to whence your powers come?" She teases, "You do have me at a disadvantage."
Shawna

Postby Gulrik » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:45 pm

He chuckles and shrugs slightly, "I will speak to the Bey, of course. Just seemed prudent to make sure you were willing, first. I wouldn't much care for being a reason you are commanded to do something you find unpleasant, even if loyalty compels you to do so anyways."

"Mastery of the will," Gulrik raises a claw and flexes it, "allows one to channel great amounts of energy into their form, and mastery of the body allows one to roll with the blows and make better blows in return. In short, asceticism, meditation, discipline...the removal of frivolous desires and poisonous doubts, and constant training towards the perfect form. Or so our strictures hold. I know there are others who walk a similar path to my own but do not subject themselves to the same rigors. I confess I'm unsure how it works for them."
Gulrik

Postby Shawna » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Gulrik wrote:He chuckles and shrugs slightly, "I will speak to the Bey, of course. Just seemed prudent to make sure you were willing, first. I wouldn't much care for being a reason you are commanded to do something you find unpleasant, even if loyalty compels you to do so anyways."

She gives him an odd, appraising sort of look as he makes this point but says nothing. When he explains the source of his power she listens attentively and with great curiosity. "How interesting and strange."

A pause.

"No, I misspoke, it is not strange at all. It rather suits you."
Shawna

Postby Gulrik » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Gulrik laughs deeply, shaking his head, "It probably is strange, to an outsider. I found it strange at first as well. There are still times when I find myself questioning some of the strictures, but..." he runs a hand through his hair, considering his words for a moment, "there was a time when the rigorous disciplines provided a purpose my life otherwise lacked. To believe I do not need them now because they have made my life easier, would be hubris. Those teachings are the reason I was not among the gangs that attacked us in the Sorrows, and so I owe them my loyalty, even on the rare occasion when my devotion falters."

He chuckles, "Besides, it is easy to cope without luxuries when one has never had them to begin with."
Gulrik

Postby Shawna » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:29 pm

"The sorrows... such an unfortunate place."

she sighs.

"In any case, we should find the scribe or the guildmistress and see to it we can investigate the tomb in the vinyard." she mutters to herselfsuch a bother And continues aloud "No matter, you can be sure I will take better notes in the future."
Shawna

Return to Roleplay (IC)