Searching for some Information (Attention Matthew)

Feel free to RP here! Make sure you post where a topic takes place and who may participate (or OPEN if everyone's invited!)

Searching for some Information (Attention Matthew)

Postby Prodromus » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:31 pm

*Bey Prodromus enters the guild hall and gazes around at the current occupants before speaking.*

I have come seeking some knowledge that one or more of you may have. It involves some individuals of seedier nature that I seek to identify. I don't have much in the way of information, but am willing to offer a small payment to one or two individuals should they be able to aid me in providing the information I seek.

*At that he will sit down at the common table and wait to see if any approach.*
Prodromus

Re: Searching for some Information (Attention Matthew)

Postby pathfinderq1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:14 pm

Almost immediately, there is a soft rustle of noise from behind one of the chairs in the corner.

"Y' say seedy like it is a bad thing. Lots of people in this city, and probably most of 'em are what Honored folk might call seedy- doesn't make 'em bad. Not necessarily, that is. Some of 'em probably are bad. What is it y' know already, and what is it y' want to know?"

Ishaq's voice is soft, careful- the sort of voice he uses when he is dealing with people in authority, not the more confident growl he uses on the streets.
pathfinderq1

Postby Shawna » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:01 am

B'hari looks up the white feathers of her wings spreading in accent to her attention then closing neatly as she diverts her attention from the notes in her lap to the two men at the table.

"I could likely assist, if you tell me what is needful. But I do not know you, and you do not know me so perhaps you do not wish my help?"
Shawna

Postby Prodromus » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:06 am

Turning first to B'hari.

"I am Bey Prodromus, in service to Castillan Ardashir."

Turning now to address Ishaq.

"I seek information on a group that was described to me as an organized band of ruffians, thus I sought to use a bit of a nicer term and call them seedy. From what I've been told, they wear black clothing and hide their faces. What little else I know is probably just as much help as that very broad description of a lot of people in this city. This band has been following and harassing the Bey Miang, they have threatened him and are intimidating him into giving up his business. They demand that he cease dealing in artifacts and immediately turn over his remaining stock to them, so they may have connections to either the artifact trades or the black markets for such, though they may just be opportunistic thugs seeking to make a quick profit through brute force. It was also claimed that they killed a man in front of him to prove their severity.

"What I seek is any information that can be gathered about this group so that I may find a way to put an end to this problem. Whether that means further hiring the adventurers here to do that is yet undetermined. For now I sought those I know of here that may have more information on such topics than I."
Prodromus

Postby Shawna » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:17 pm

Prodromus wrote:Turning first to B'hari.

"I am Bey Prodromus, in service to Castillan Ardashir."

She bows her head in proper greeting and says nothing as he continues. She does however listen keenly to his explanation.
Shawna

Postby pathfinderq1 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:12 pm

"Forgive my not knowing, but this Bey Miang you spoke of, he is lord of House Li (or is it Lee?), the man we have had to rescue twice now? Is that right?" Maintaining the same soft careful voice, Ishaq did mange to raise his head above the chair he was using for shelter- at least enough that his eyes were visible now.

"If that is so, I know little enough about those that bedevil him- and that is not for lack of looking. They cover their tracks quite well. It seems true that they wear black- I found a scrap of such cloth in the alley outside that house we rescued him from, and that was the only physical clue. They aren't random amateurs, either- they have some influence in the right circles, but I don't think they are local. That house we went to, they were using it regularly- but they didn't go back after we went in. I had the place watched by some friends and... nothing. Just like the first time we had to rescue him, we went to a place to meet about the ransom- it was empty when we got there, but after we left the locals moved back in pretty quick. Whoever these people are, they are moving around- and they are making sure that their hideouts are protected from local folk, off limits." He paused, and made a soft clucking noise- a familiar habit which usually meant he was thinking. "Can't say I like it much, people like that moving in and acting like the city is theirs. I would think they are maybe from one of the other Jeweled Cities, maybe deeply connected there, and here to poach- I would also bet that Bey Miang isn't the only one that they are putting pressure on, just the only one we have met. Maybe we can ask that new guy, Ceyl, about them- his crew were trading in old stuff, maybe they have been approached... Other than that, I don't have a lot. I have been curious, and if other folks are curious too, maybe I can dig a bit deeper..."

He paused again, looked at the others and around the room expectantly- this was the most anyone there would have heard him speak at once...
pathfinderq1

Postby Shawna » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 am

I too remember that unfortunate Bey, but I know no more than Ishaq.

She presses her thumb to her lips in thought and then points at the air, an idea slowly forming.

I am but a servant and do not know how things are done among the violent and lawless.

The white shimmer of her skin glows faintly in the firelight as she moves forward and explains her idea.

However, it would seem to me, that it is usual for a strong group to make a claim of territory and that when said territory is challenged they will fight to defend it. Perhaps if another group, one that had strength of the sort that these men would understand, were to make it known that Bey Miang's buisness was to be considered "theirs" it would forestall them or at the very least bait them.

She smiles serenly and sits back the shimmer of her skin fades somewhat as she is no longer so well lit.

Of course one must be certain one could withstand retaliation. She says with a little sigh.
Shawna

Postby Prodromus » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:28 pm

First turning to Ishaq.

"It is the same gentleman that we rescued almost half a year ago from ransomers, and whom others have so recently rescued again. Lady Li is his wife, and matron of House Miang.

"It is troubling what you say. I had hoped that the Bey's troubles were coming from a different group than that which we paid ransom to, and that paying off his debts to them had ended their messy business with him. It appears from all that you state and what little you have been able to find out, that such hoping is not so. Thank you for what information you do have, and any other information that you can find would be most appreciated. I can see about compensating you for your time and efforts."

Turning now to B'hari.

"I am uncertain of how the gangs in Kishar work, and even if this is on external organization, there must be gangs that know enough to stay away from their territory. I assume that some of the local gangs and organizations may have run afoul of them and in one way or another been taught to respect their territory. But, what you say is an interesting idea that I had not thought of before. I am uncertain of my lord's wishes, but House Ardashir is a friend to House Miang, and I would see them prosper and this problem of theirs dealt with once and for all. I am uncertain if placing the weight of my lord's noble house behind this would be enough to make them think twice about their threats, but it may be worth a try. Rothymere and I are certainly more than capable of handling ourselves should they seek to come at us and make examples of those that would stand in their way."
Prodromus

Postby Shawna » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm

She nods, "I am very curious as to how this turns out, and if you find there to be aught I can do you have only to speak to my Bey to acquire my assistance. I am B'hari, loyal and sworn servant to Bey Tutankhseth."
Shawna

Postby Auyl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:27 am

*CEYL*

Walking in the room he finds a chair off set from he rest and sits down almost as if more in an observational position. Without saying a word, he pulls out a notebook and moves to a page marked with a lock pick and begins to start writing in the book making an attempt to remain as still and quiet as possible.
Auyl

Postby Shawna » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:39 pm

The celestine looks over at the new comer and she inquires her skin shimmering in the lamplight. She decides to assuage her curiosity with a leading statement. I don't believe we've met...

She sits nearly motionless when she pauses, her fingers resting artfully in the air and her head cocked slightly to one side as she eagerly awaits his answer.
Shawna

Postby Kasi » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:47 pm

A bundle of cloth and furs in the corner which had been previously still stirs, an and arm emerges, stretching - then Seyf pokes her sleepy face out of her self-made nest and sits up. Blinking she peers around the room, taking in Prodromus, Ishaq, B'hari, and Ceyl; upon seeing the latter, her face lights up with a smile. "Hi Ceyl! Welcome back!"
Kasi

Postby Auyl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:30 am

*Ceyl*

Not really ignoring the Celestine, but you can certainly tell once the furs started to stir and Seyf appeared his attention was turned almost instantly.

"Seyf. Hello. How has the jobs from the guild been treating you?"

looking back at B'hari, "Hello, I am Ceyl, and no we havent, but I guess you could say we have met because of Seyf here."
Auyl

Postby Shawna » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:09 pm

"B'hari," she replies her fingertips resting on her pashmina enshrouded chest. "pleasure to meet you."

She follows Ceyl's attention to the fur clad wood elf. "Seyf, what do you have to do with this? Are you two attached?" She seems curious and happy at the prospect.
Shawna

Postby Auyl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:24 pm

He looks back at her and almost slight grin, "No, we are not attached. She just saved my life is all."
Auyl

Postby Prodromus » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:02 am

"Welcome Auyl

"We have been talking on a matter of some importance to me, concerning a band of ruffians that have chosen to continue to torment one of the poor local nobles who is already a bit down on his luck. Mighty you know anything about a gang or guild that has been going around hiding their identities and threatening local merchants specializing in the selling of ancient artifacts?"
Prodromus

Postby Shawna » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:11 am

She allows the Bey to continue his line of inquiry with Ceyl. The celestine rises in a rustle of feathers and moves over to Seyf. "saved his life?"
Shawna

Postby Auyl » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:26 am

"It's Ceyl. . ."

As he pauses and pulls through this notes, "I know somewhat about some gangs. As I had been apart of the Hornets, and The Band of Thirty. Yet, the Band of Thirty never did have more than a handful at a time in one place. Such a nervous bunch."
Auyl

Postby Kasi » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:00 am

Seyf smiles and blushes a little as she turns and replies to B'hari. "Well, I guess so." She nods in Ceyl's direction. "We were fighting that gang of his, and after we'd knocked down a few of them, to me at least he didn't really look like he wanted to fight us, so I asked if he'd surrender because I don't really want to hurt anyone that I don't have to, you know? And thankfully the other members of the guild that were with us listened to me. And then I talked Ceyl into coming back and joining us here! Because it's such a better life than fighting for the gangs, anyway, or ending up in the Sorrows." At the mention of the Sorrows, Seyf looks sad and almost ill. Quietly she adds, "I really don't like that place."
Kasi

Postby pathfinderq1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:24 am

By this point, Ishaq had sat up far enough that his head was visible over the back of the chair. He clucked a bit at Ceyl's words, apparently thinking things over, then turned to Bey Prodromus. "The Hornets, thay are really a gang, exactly- more like a neighborhood protective group. Some of 'em join up with gangs- and some of 'em become Adventurers, but they don't act like a gang. Most likely, these people we're looking for had to deal with them, when they had that house they were using down in the Nest, but they wouldn't be handling the same sort of work. And the Band of Thirty, from what he said and what we saw, I guess they were too small a crew for these people to trouble with- most of the stuff they had was junk. These people we're trying to track down, they have serious resources, and they seem to be looking for serious stuff. The things we had to dig out of those ruins, the first time we ransomed him out- those weren't cheap trinkets. I may have to go down to the docks, talk to the fishmongers a bit... The last two times we have dealt with these people, they have had a safe house, protected from local interference. I think I'm going to see if there are any places around that have that kind of 'keep away' notice up to date."

Then he turned to Ceyl, and his voice took on a harder edge, the kind of tone he usually used on the street, away from the Guild hall. "Bad luck to write that kind of stuff down, you know. Wrong kind of people see something like that, they call it 'evidence'. But hey, at least you can write, that's better than lots of folks down in the Nest, I guess..."
pathfinderq1

Next

Return to Roleplay (IC)