Over tea and olives

Feel free to RP here! Make sure you post where a topic takes place and who may participate (or OPEN if everyone's invited!)

Over tea and olives

Postby KitchenMistressFuYan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:27 pm

The curry is on the stove, the rice is in the pot and the kitchen mistress has become accostumed to taking her ease in the common room. She sets down a bowl full of plump olives and a tray of tea.

"Tea and Olives dears if you care to join me." she says loudly and she scans the room for an offending weapon on her table top. Finding none she takes a seat and selects a particularly plump olive from the bowl.
KitchenMistressFuYan

Re: Over tea and olives

Postby Kasi » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:41 pm

"Ooh, tasty!" Seyf perks up. She hops up from the chair in the corner, where she'd been curled in a ball with a thin sheaf of papers. She sets them down on the table and sits, picking a dark, tangy olive and savoring it.
[The papers are cover in lines, dots, and scratches in addition to words - musical notation.]
"Thank you Fu Yan!" Seyf beams and pours herself some tea.
Kasi

Postby KitchenMistressFuYan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:51 pm

"Oh no trouble, no trouble at all."

She leans back and stretches. "Oh I wish I still had my trousseau. I'd make a mint here soon I would."
KitchenMistressFuYan

Postby KisharGM » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:02 pm

Ahmad the scribe enters, looking a little disheveled. He seems to be going over a large folio of paperwork. Completely distracted, he actually runs into the main table before blinking and looking to see what's halted him. Smiling faintly at Seyf, he nods to Fu Yan before taking a few olives and chewing, his attention already returning to the papers.

As he passes by them, he can be heard to mutter faintly, "... Ankhabi needs to get back before this kills me..."
KisharGM

Postby KitchenMistressFuYan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:13 pm

She was just working up to a good gossip when the possibility for another tidbit nearly falls in her lap. Literally.

"Ahmad, what is it? Any word about the Guild mistress? What might kill you? I hope it isn't my cooking."
KitchenMistressFuYan

Postby KisharGM » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:26 am

Ahmad is almost out the other door before he hears Fu Yan. Turning, he looks over at her with red-rimmed eyes. "Hmm? Oh, ah, no, not yet. Guildmaster Rashad asked me to run the booking while she's... out? Wherever she's gone to. There's just a lot more paperwork than I expected, and I'm really going to have to hire an assistant if she doesn't come back soon... Why, the leather stocks and candle allocations alone kept me up most of last night, and I still haven't found where those casks of ale went..." Looking back down at his papers, he seems to start walking again without noticing.
KisharGM

Postby KitchenMistressFuYan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:27 pm

"well if you've stores of silk now is the time to sell. Make a mint you will what with that warehouse fire in Shalazar." She turns back to Seyf, "If I hadn't lost my trousseau, I'd have a pretty bit of coin now."
KitchenMistressFuYan

Postby Kasi » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:49 am

Seyf cocks her head to the side. "What's a trousseau? And how did you lose it?"
Kasi

Postby KisharGM » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:02 am

KitchenMistressFuYan wrote:"well if you've stores of silk now is the time to sell. Make a mint you will what with that warehouse fire in Shalazar." She turns back to Seyf, "If I hadn't lost my trousseau, I'd have a pretty bit of coin now."

His only reaction seems to be to add the word "silk" in amongst the other things he's muttering as he looks over lists and inventory, and the last thing that's heard as he slips out one of the doors to the back section of the Guildhouse is "... and what happened to all the candles?"
KisharGM

Postby Shawna » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:06 am

"Trousseau is what you put together before you get married. Fine clothes, linens, the like. And I lost it because I got married." She laughs uproariously. "Don't ever do that. Lazy lout got hisself addicted to some alchemy or another and sold us out of house and home. It's what lead to my illustrious career as a cook. The oaf is probably dead now, or scraping by in the sorrows. But if I still had all those silks oh you know I'd sell them. Tell your friends, sell high if you've got it." She rubs her hands tougher and pauses as the scribe heads out the door, "What do you woods elves do to prepare for marriage if you don't make a trousseau?". She inquires just before she pops another olive in her mouth.
Shawna

Postby Kasi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:46 am

Seyf looks as though she hasn't really considered the question before. "Well, I... I don't know. I suppose I ought ask my cousin. I guess I thought I'd learn a variety of skills and need to know a number of beautiful and useful things - like expanding my musical repertoire. I hadn't thought so much about the *things* I might need, but then, I don't need a whole lot, myself. I'll take your advice and not get married, I think. I haven't met anyone interested - or interesting enough - yet anyway. My family, we take care of each other." Abruptly, Seyf looks distracted and worried.
Kasi

Postby Rothomyr » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:26 am

The clunking of boots can be heard making their way towards the main room. "Ohs hellos Ahmads! Dos yous haves....as....moments..."
After a moment the clunking resumes and Rothomyr comes out from behind the curtain. In not much else than his furs and belt with his house's banner hung from it cleverly, he grabs an ale from the kitchen.
Glancing at the table as he moves back around it to find a seat, he plops down soot and dirt rising from him as he kicks his feat up and settles them on the table. Edging them away from the food and papers he sighs and relaxes with his drink.
Rothomyr

Postby KitchenMistressFuYan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:55 am

She purses her lips and stares at him with a look only a woman who's kitchen has been disrupted could muster. "Get your feet off my table." She says evenly. The warrior may have faced down many a challenge in Manier's name but Fu Yan is formidable in her element. she mutters. "good people here, hearty eaters, but some have such horrible manners."
KitchenMistressFuYan

Postby Rothomyr » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:01 am

Groaning lazily he slides his feat off the table, the heels landing on the ground with a dull thud. "Sos what's fors eats Fusyans?" He browses the selection on the table but ddoesn't settle on eating anything just yet
Rothomyr

Postby KitchenMistressFuYan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:05 am

She smiles when he complies and stands up her break over now that there is someone to see to. "Well olives and I got a good sheeps milk feta. Oh and some dolmades in the kitchen." She heads back inside her domain to plate the meat stuffed grape leaf wraps.
KitchenMistressFuYan

Postby Rothomyr » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:10 am

He looks over the food, somewhat disappontedly and takes another swig from his drink. "Anys chances Is cans puts ans orders ins?"
Rothomyr

Postby KitchenMistressFuYan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:12 am

"If I have what you like then sure." She brings out a tray full of dolmades and sets it down for any to enjoy.
KitchenMistressFuYan

Postby Rothomyr » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:17 am

Thinking carefully about what he wants there is a sign of very deep concentration on his face for a few moments until a look of satisfaction washes over it. "OKs sos Is founds this types of byrds is smalls ands lays eggs, sometimes theys fights thems. Is donts remembers what's theys calleds, buts theys is sos goods!" Completely sure he conveyed the winged creature he leans back in his chair happy with himself.
Rothomyr

Postby KitchenMistressFuYan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:26 am

"Ahh, I have some poultry left over from a few days ago." She disappears again and brings out a few drumsticks for him to try. "Oh do you know anything about those ships they turned away at the docks? Was the plague from your homeland? Where are you from anyhow?"
KitchenMistressFuYan

Postby Rothomyr » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:37 am

He seems somewhat suprised by the news of boats being sent away, and furrows his brow at the word "plague"
"Nos I's hasnts heards ofs thats. Plagues? Nots unless its was Creepings Blacks or Bones Bites, thems thes onlys plagues Is knows ins Northreach. "
Rothomyr

Next

Return to Roleplay (IC)