Jobs for June

Feel free to RP here! Make sure you post where a topic takes place and who may participate (or OPEN if everyone's invited!)

Jobs for June

Postby KisharGM » Tue May 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Beside the usual job requests for individuals to act as guides or pairs of bodyguards, three new job postings have appeared. Those interested are directed to speak to the Chapter Head, Anhkabi.

The first is on faintly scented parchment in a flowing female hand that seems familiar to those who have spent some time perusing the job board. “My honored mistress begs the assistance of several capable individuals in negotiating the safe release of her husband and lord, kidnapped from the streets of this very city.”

The second is in the neat hand of a scholar or scribe. “My patron, who shall remain nameless, requests a band of intelligent, able persons to pursue the recent rumors concerning sightings of a mermaid in the East Harbor, with a view towards securing something from her should they prove true. Details provided to interested parties.” The parchment is plain, but of high quality.

The last note bears roughly written lines, as if the author was in a hurry, or as if the note is one of many copies quickly dashed out. “The Tang family wishes it to be known that they have placed a bounty on the live capture and return of healthy juveniles of the following species, to be raised for glorious exhibition in the Zhan-Shi Arena.” A sizable list follows, mentioning such creatures as griffons, manticores, giant scorpions, and hydra.

(OOC - Please make sure you are clear as to which, if any, of these jobs your character would prefer to take. Non-adventurers can voice their opinion, as usual, but they don't get a 'vote' as per se.)
KisharGM

Re: Jobs for June

Postby Thane Egil Ironsides » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:52 am

"I must say that I find all of these missions to be appealing, though perhaps I am not as much use on the Mermaid hunt (unless spearfishing becomes the order of the day)."
Thane Egil Ironsides

Postby Prodromus » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:28 am

"I am not too keen on this offering put forth by the Tang family. What do any of you know about such fanciful creatures as griffons and manticores, let along finding a young hydra and taking it from its mother? Those of the guild have often proven themselves adept at reason, investigation, and killing, but how skilled are any of you at live capture of any target, let along wild animals?"

"For my suggestion, the negotiation may be your best option. From what legends I've heard, mermaids can be a tricky business and often lead to heart-ache and watery deaths for those not strong of will and mind."
Prodromus

Postby Marcella » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:18 pm

"A man was kidnapped? Oh no... We should free him, that's what my goddess says."

"I want to see a mermaid, but maybe we should just let her be... She should be able to live her own life, far away from all us land-folk trying to stare at her! The same of the beasts, I want them to be free, too!"
Marcella

Postby Kasi » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:01 am

(OOC: My character is still in flux so I don't plan to come IC just yet, but I would be happy with either of the first two jobs.)
Kasi

Postby Prodromus » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:49 am

"Well said Marcella, though some of us are just as at home with the water as you are with the land."
Prodromus

Postby Thane Egil Ironsides » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:25 pm

"Well, good fellows, what shall it be?"
Thane Egil Ironsides

Return to Roleplay (IC)