Free RP Thread [Adventurer's Guild] (OPEN)

Feel free to RP here! Make sure you post where a topic takes place and who may participate (or OPEN if everyone's invited!)

Free RP Thread [Adventurer's Guild] (OPEN)

Postby KisharGM » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:38 pm

(OOC: This thread serves as an example of how to format subject lines, and also as a starting place for RP. Any RP you want to do in the Adventurer's Guild can be done here!)
KisharGM

Re: Free RP Thread [Adventurer's Guild] (OPEN)

Postby Marcella » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:05 pm

(OOC: Cool beans! I was a little apprehensive about starting a thread myself. :? )

Marcella ambled into the guild headquarters, barefoot, with a small, rodent-like creature peeking its head out of her chainmail shirt.

"Is anyone home?" she yelped, not really bothering to take a full look around before seating herself awkwardly in a chair, with her toes dangling off the edge of the seat. She reached inside her chainmail, gingerly pulled out the animal, and set it down on the table.
Marcella

Postby KisharGM » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:22 am

After a moment, a head peeked out from one of the back rooms, followed shortly by the rest of a young low human girl in tidy servant's clothing. Stopping first to set a laden metal tray down on the table next to where Marcella is, she then bowed in an easy motion before gesturing to the teapot atop the tray.

"The blessings of this hearth to you, Mistress. I am called Ani, and most of the other staff have taken a free day today. May I pour tea for you while you wait for your fellows? I do not believe there have been any contracts for the day as yet, but I will ask the Quartermaster if you like."
KisharGM

Postby Ankhabi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:37 am

Right as she was mentioned Ankhabi, herself, appeared from that very same backroom. Today the Quarter Mistress wore an outfit of heavy, marine colored silk and sported a woolen wrap in a similar color. Her hair was freed of its customary scarf, flowing over her shoulders and to the small of her back. She smiled at Marcella, a broad toothy grin. "Alas, there are no contracts yet. Some sort of holiday for the lower class working folk is taking place today and I imagine that is keeping the city rather busy. Now, tonight I am sure we will have many offers, but few that are worth the taking. Ah, you know, bounties of one Lunari on the head of the man that looked at another's wife, two jugs of wine for the beating of a man that drunkenly tipped a fruit cart, that sort of trifling thing." She waved her hand dismissively.

As the woman passed Ani, on the way to the table, she patted the girl on the head and made a shooing motion. "Should you not also be off, causing trouble in the city? Be gone with you."

She slid into a seat across from the Paladin, continuing to grin. "Ah, dear girl, I see you have gained some sort of vermin and lost your shoes. Is there a story behind this?"
Ankhabi

Postby Marcella » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:32 pm

"Yes, please, I would like some!" Marcella nodded rapidly to Ani, taking a cup and holding it out for her to pour into.

Her eyes lit up upon seeing the Quartermistress enter, and listened eagerly to what she had to say. Her lip quivered at the bit about bounties, and she mused, in a half-whisper: "People in big cities are so horrible and mean-- do these people getting accused even get to speak their own sides of the story? I want to go and defend them, those people who get stepped on in a place like this!"

She calmed herself a bit, and then considered the Quartermistress' question. "I gave my shoes away to a woman by the docks, she didn't have any. My goddess told me I needed to do it."

She picked up the rodent and offered it to Ankhabi to hold. "It's my puppy. His name is Puppy. The other paladin gave him to me. It's the best puppy ever, and I'm training him to be my squire."
Marcella

Postby Ankhabi » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:42 am

Ankhabi tapped her fingers on the table, listening attentively. "Oh, I think it is how big cities must be. There are so many people, all so close together, so those who are mean are certain to come into contact with one another. It is quite sad that innocent people are also pulled in to the drama. Some of the individuals the bounties are put upon are not innocent, though, and hardly anyone will take such a paltry bounty anyway. I would not be to concerned if I were you."

"Ah, see, you gave away your shoes! You are already protecting the downtrodden and innocent. No need to go and find those casualties of today's festivities." The horned woman smiled broadly at the Paladin. "Next you should come to my home and defend me against my children. Two of them have just grown into the tail, ear, horn, and hair pulling stage. Quite mean of them, really."

She hesitated, then gingerly took the "puppy", looking it over with a critical eye."Ahh, hmm. Puppy seems to have thumbs, which is the least thing any good squire needs. Oh, and bright eyes like coals!" Taking a grape from the table she offered it to the "puppy", which she was growing quite certain was actually a bilge rat. "Just be sure to bathe him, or her, and have an apothecary give you something to keep the brain fever away, and I'm certain you will be able to train this... er... Puppy to do something useful."
Ankhabi

Postby Marcella » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:19 pm

"How old are they, again?" Marcella said, eyes wide with interest. "In my family, that stage doesn't normally stop until they're thirty-five, or something..."

"Puppy" nibbled away at the skin of the grape before stuffing the entire thing in its mouth. Marcella fondly stroked its back and cooed, "He's already got lots and lots of potential. He fetched me my earring once when I dropped it. But maybe if he gets big enough, he'll be my steed instead of my squire. I don't want a camel, they're mean."
Marcella

Postby Ankhabi » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Ankhabi's brows scrunched together briefly. "Ah, hmm, the two I speak of are twin girls and they are three or four, or... hmm, maybe almost five. They're Celestines, so they reach maturity quickly and then the aging slows down, I believe. I also have a Fae boy who is very young, perhaps a year, and a Fellblooded boy who is almost 10. I really don't track the ages until they start acting civilized, you see." She grinned. "My husbands take turns caring for them, and I'm sure they'd be thrilled for you to come over and play. I think you would be lovely with children."

"Oh, that's very good of him! I simply hate losing jewelry, myself."At that last bit she nods,"No, I think Puppy would make a much better mount. Camels are ill tempered and they taste bad as well. I have dealt with many camels in my time as an adventurer and I did not like a one. Oh, the biting and spitting and refusing to budge! Terrible beasts. It is sad that they are so well suited to our homelands, isn't it?"
Ankhabi

Postby Rothomyr » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:32 pm

Rothomyr stumbled into the guild hall, a usual site every night or early morning. Clumsily making his way past the few people who were doing something in the main lounge to the galley, where a loud ruckus can be heard.
Rothomyr

Return to Roleplay (IC)